Recommended CAM resources for doctors, practitioners and professions allied to medicine.
- Botanical images
- Research Council for Complementary Medicine
- Complementary and Integrated Medicine Research Unit
- European Committee for Homeopathy
- Friends of the Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Recommended websites for patient information about CAM, finding practitioners, self-care and medical conditions
- Dr Foster complementary therapist guide
- NHSTA Directory of Complementary and Alternative Practitioners
- Institute for Complementary and Natural Medicine
- Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council
- Therapy Directory
- British Homeopathic Association
- British Homeopathic Dental Association
- British Complementary Medicine Association
- College of Medicine Selfcare Library
- NHS Choices
- NHS Direct
- NHS Local – My Health
- The General Regulatory Council for Complementary Therapies (GRCCT)
Accessing Services at the Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine
The NHS Choose and Book Free Choice shceme is a service that allows patients to be seen at any hospital of their choice under the NHS. Most GPs now use Choose and Book. If your surgery does, your GP can access the RLHIM services under the Free Choice option.
The hospital’s pharmacy dispenses both NHS and private prescriptions, and sells homeopathic and herbal remedies, as well as supplements, organic and natural cosmetics, essential oils etc.
The RLHIM Education Department runs full and part-time courses for all statutory registered healthcare professionals.
The Faculty of Homeopathy run training courses that are open to statutorily registered healthcare professionals.
Shops selling books on CAM
We are not responsible for the contents or reliability of the linked web sites and do not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.